There was pandemonium in the Mushin area of Lagos State as gas exploded in the early hours of Tuesday.
Three male adults were recovered in the incident that occurred at no 21, Ojekunle Street, Ladipo, Mushin Lagos.
This was confirmed in a statement by the Director, Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, Mrs Margaret Adeseye.
“The gas incident which was reported at 08:42 hours Tuesday morning via the State emergency reporting platform was swiftly responded to by a combination of the State first and secondary responders.
“On arrival at the scene, it was discovered that it is an open space used for several activities including a beer parlour, mechanic workshop, spare parts sale and gas shop amongst others while housing a makeshift structure.
“Three male adults had been recovered as rescue and recovery operations continue in an environment isolated from causing any further secondary incident.
“Preliminary investigations to establish the fact of the incident continue and further discovery will be made public.”