The Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has dismissed reports that he hired a top United States lobbyist to help oust President Muhammadu Buhari.
Reports had emerged on Tuesday that Atiku Abubakar paid $30,000 to hire a US lobby group to persuade the US Congress to stop the inauguration of Buhari.
The former Vice President denied the report in a statement sent to Naija News on Wednesday by his Media Adviser, Paul Ibe.
Atiku’S media adviser says the latest dirty propaganda against the former Vice President “didn’t come as a surprise to us because lying has so far become their only bragging rights of competence.”
In the statement, Ibe explains that “lying has become a culture to the APC administration and therefore, we are not surprised by their latest diversionary allegations.”
“Since Atiku resisted pressure not to go to court, the APC has been behaving like a cat on hot bricks because the outcome of the 2019 elections has exposed and shattered the facade of their dubious integrity,” he said.
According to Ibe, “the APC are behaving nervously like a thief living under the fear of being exposed and shamed”, and that “they are now using fake news against Atiku instead of focusing on defending themselves in the court.”
“For a party that has broken the worst record in election rigging, the APC doesn’t have any iota of integrity to be taken seriously by anybody”, the statement adds.
“Atiku’s court case has become their biggest burden because it exposes their integrity as a sham, and instead of defending their stolen mandate in court, they are now using fake news to divert public attention from the historic electoral heist they have committed against Nigerians.”
He added that no amount of diversionary propaganda and fake news campaign by APC will stop Atiku Abubakar from continuing the court action he started to reclaim the stolen mandate.