Football is unarguably one of the most popular sports in the world and brings along with it fame and fortune for the players of the game.
Apart from entitlements which include wages and salaries that the footballers get from club and country, one major source of income for them is also their endorsement deals with major brands and organizations.
Given the popularity of the game, Naija News reports that the players get to pocket huge sums of money for their roles in keeping the game going and many of them also have established personal businesses which further earn them income.
Based on an analysis of figures from Celebrity Net Worth, Forbes, and The Richest, below is the list of the top 20 richest soccer players in the world for 2022 as compiled by Wealthy Gorilla.
Portuguese forward and Manchester United striker, Cristiano Ronaldo holds the top spot closely followed by former England star, David Beckham with Argentine forward, Lionel Messi occupying the third position.
The list includes both retired and active players of the round-leather game.
1. Cristiano Ronaldo – Net Worth: $450 Million
2. David Beckham – Net Worth: $450 Million
3. Lionel Messi – Net Worth: $400 Million
4. Dave Whelan – Net Worth: $220 Million
5. Alexandre Pato – Net Worth: $145 Million
6. Wayne Rooney – Net Worth: $145 Million
7. Gareth Bale – Net Worth: $125 Million
8. Francesco Totti – Net Worth: $101.6 Million
9. Pele – Net Worth: $100 Million
10. Eden Hazard – Net Worth: $100 Million
11. Kaka – Net Worth: $95 Million
12. Samuel Eto – Net Worth: $95 Million
13. Didier Drogba – Net Worth: $90 Million
14. Zlatan Ibrahimovic – Net Worth: $90 Million
15. Ronaldinho – Net Worth: $90 Million
16. Andres Iniesta – Net Worth: $86 Million
17. Sergio Ramos – Net Worth: $80 Million
18. Arjen Robben – Net Worth: $80 Million
19. Willian – Net Worth: $75 Million
20. Rio Ferdinand – Net Worth: $75 Million