An unidentified but middle-aged man has met his untimely death after he was electrocuted on an electric pole in Eliozu, Port Harcourt, the Rivers state capital.
The electrician died when he mounted a pole in Eliozu to fix an electricity defect in the area.
An eyewitness reports that the electrician mounted the pole without the consent of the electricity officials in the area. The eyewitness who requested anonymity said that the electrician was carrying out an unofficial duty on the pole as he was not authorised to do so.
The deceased was said to have forgotten to remove the transformer fuse before he mounted the pole to fix the electrical defect only for the power to be restored and electrocuted him.
He was said to have helplessly smoked before finally giving up the ghost.
Warning: include(/index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/oluwfhnq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/social-share-button/includes/class-shortcodes.php on line 41
Warning: include(): Failed opening '/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/oluwfhnq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/social-share-button/includes/class-shortcodes.php on line 41